Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wheel Rock You!

Last week Rachel was sitting on my lap while I was putting on my makeup and out of the blue told me,
"Mom, thank you for sharing my dreams with me."
A little background: She has a book that has about 10 verses to the song I'm a Little Teapot and that is one of the phrases in one of the verses.
Then a few seconds later she told me,
"Mom, thank you for sharing that nice little nap with me."
Background: She had taken a nap with me an hour or so earlier. The phrase she came up with on her own.

Then today we were on our way into town and Rachel brought a lid to her toy bucket that has holes in the shapes that the blocks fit into. She grabbed the lid in both hands and said, "Look, Mom, I'm driving!"
I asked her, "Is that your steering wheel?
She says, "Yeah" and than sets it back on the bucket, starts drumming and tells me its her drumming wheel.
"Your drumming wheel?" I ask her.
"Yeah, my drumming wheel"
Then I hear her babbling in a little sing-song voice, "Wheel. Wheel. Wheewel, wheewel. Wheewel, wheewel, wheewel. We will, we will rock you! We will, we will rock you!"
Isn't it crazy what goes through these kids heads and how much they can remember!

I guess I'd better go, because Jaki is about to jump right off my lap. That little Jackster is such a wiggle worm!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Those stories are hilarious!

Darren, Felicia, Judd, & Jake said...

What a crack up! She is adorable.

Jennifer said...

Rachel is just so darn cute! I love the things she says!

Caldwells said...

Hey Kayla! I miss you. Next time you visit we should get together. I would love to see these cute little girls of yours:)