Thursday, April 9, 2009

Rachel's New Umbrella

Last Tuesday Rachel, Jaki and I went to Old Navy to look for some outfits for my new nieces, Mary and Marlee, and my great-nephew Jack. While I was browsing the clearance Rachel found this umbrella. She was so excited. I, being the mean mom that I am, told her when we were about to leave that she needed to put the umbrella back. She started throwing a fit, which made me all the more adamant that she didn't need the umbrella. I wrestled it out of her hands and put it back on the shelf, but then decided to look at one more outfit. Thats when I hear Rachel halfway sob, "I want the umbwewa to keep the wain off my head."
She won.




After Old Navy we walked over to TJ Maxx and Rachel was so cute with her little umbrella. I made her fold it up and put it in the cart in the store, but then as we were leaving she asks, "My bwewa, my bwewa!" and opened it and walked like a little princess back to the car. I didn't feel one bit sorry I got it for her.



No comments: