So A couple weeks ago 2 of Jeff's uncles, an aunt, their families and his brother came up and we went sledding at The Sinks, a place at the top of Logan canyon. We rented a couple snowmobiles and had a blast. Rachel had so much fun. The weather was perfect, nice and sunny. We didn't hardly get cold at all. Rachel and Jaki went with the group that went back to Ephraim's Den (the cabin Grandpa Ron built at Bear Lake) around lunchtime and Jeff and I got to stay and have fun tubing. I think mostly the snowmobiles were used to pull the sledders back up to the top, but every once in a while someone would take them for a ride. Just before we went back to the cabin Jeff took me for a ride on one of the snowmobiles. I've always thought I was pretty gutsy when it comes to riding quads and dirtbikes, but I was pretty freaked out riding the snowmachine. When Jeff and I were just starting dating he took me and my roommates for a ride on his dirtbikes out near Sugarloaf and I told him I wanted him to go as fast as he could because I trusted him to not wreck, where I wouldn't be able to go fast by myself. I did not feel the same way this time. Maybe I've just gotten old, but I was so sure I was going to fly off the thing and break my head. The main thought in my head the whole ride was "My girls aren't going to have a mom anymore!" Sadly enough, I was a not too disappointed when the ride was over. Don't get me wrong, I had fun on it, I just couldn't believe how scared I was.
Anyway, here is a little movie I shot with my phone camera while I was sitting on the hood of the pickup where Jaki was asleep. (Sweet little girl slept in the pickup the whole time she was there.) I know it's going to be kinda hard to tell, but Jeff is laying down on his belly on the sled, Rachel climbs onto his back and down the hill they go.


No comments:
Post a Comment