So Jaki is sleeping and Rachel is watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (her very favorite show) so I thought I might try to post some more pictures to let you see how the Larson household is doing.
As you can see from my title, Jaki is now one month old! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. She has grown so much! Here is a little of what we have been up to...
Poor Jeff was so busy the week we brought Jaki home. He had 6 tests within a week's period of time, and his tests involve major study sessions. He works so dang hard at school. This semester is supposed to be the busiest one of the program. We sure hope that is true, because I don't know if he, I, or the girls would be able to take anything harder. Between being treasurer of our HOA, school, working on a Mini-Baja team at school (designing and building a car-of-sorts), school, work, and school - oh yeah, and homework, he has very little free time. This picture is probably one of the 5 hours of sleep he got during that first week with Jaki home.
I love this picture! Rachel has reacted a lot better to Jaki invading her space than I thought she would. She loves to give her kisses and snuggle her and anytime I lay Jaki on the couch to sleep Rachel wants to lay by her. It often wakes Jaki up, making me a little frustrated, but I hope I'm not keeping her from loving her sister too much. It seems that since Jaki has been home Rachel has grown so much. She talks so much more now! I was afraid her potty-training would take a step backwards, but she actually has been doing quite well. In fact, now she will tell me she needs to go pee, I tell her to go get on the toilet, and then a minute or two later she just tells me "Momma, I'm ready for wipe." It has been quite nice. Rachel has missed the attention she used to get from me, but so far we are doing well and the more practice we get the better we do.
The week after my mom left Ron, Matt and Debbie came up and stayed with us for a few days. It was sure fun to have them here and Rachel loved the attention they gave to her.
Grandma Debbie and the girls. I thought I had gotten pictures of Matt with his nieces, but I guess I didn't. We'll have to get those pictures at Thanksgiving time.
If Jaki keeps sleeping I'll do another post about Halloween, but we'll just have to see if that happens or not.
1 comment:
So cute Kayla,
Send some more closeups of the baby. From the chubby cheeked one- she does look a bit like Dad.
Post a Comment