Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Ups and Downs of getting Married (in the eyes of a 3-year-old)

Rachel has been telling me for the last couple months that she is excited to get married. her reasoning being that she wants to have a baby. She would ask me constantly who she was going to marry or when she was going to get married. A couple times she has asked if she was going to marry Dad. I tell her no, that I already got him. One time after hearing this answer she asked, "Well who am I going to marry?" I told her she would marry a man who came home from his mission and told her she was awesome and that he loved her and would she marry him? I told her she would then tell him yes, but only if they got married in the temple. She asked, "Like you and Dad got married in the temple?" I said yes, just like we did. She asked, "Am I going to marry Rusty?" (Rusty is her uncle who is on a mission right now.)

Later after having one of our "when am I going to get married" conversations, I told her that when she got married she wouldn't live with us anymore. She would live with her husband.

Now she tells us she doesn't want to get married because she always wants to live with us.

What a sweetheart.

3 comments:

Jewel said...

She's adorable. I just love that you write down some of the things that she says--good blackmail for when she's older! :)

Traci said...

Girls are different than boys. Tanner never mentions getting married, but he did tell me he is not going to move out of our house, He doesn't ever want to leave Rick and I! Which is how we want it to be. We'll hope one day he'll want to move on, but until then, gotta love these silly kids!

Jennifer said...

I remember having those conversations with Kaitlyn. It didn't take her long to figure out that every boy she knows is a relative! She already has it planned that she is going to get married in the Hawaii Temple. That'll be fun...she might have to move there first to find a guy who isn't a cousin though.