Saturday, October 16, 2010

Funny

I've been feeling a little guilty that I seem to post a lot about Rachel, and not so much about Jaki. They've both had birthdays in the last 2 weeks, Rachel turning 4 and Jaki turning 2 and are becoming so grown-up! Maybe 2 is the magical age, but Jaki all of a sudden says funny things all the time.
She calls Rachel Chechel or Chech for short. The other day she and Rachel were playing while I was cooking dinner and, as so often happens, their play-time turned into an argument. I could hear the little scuffle from the kitchen, but ignored them/decided to let them work it out on their own. However, Jaki soon came into the kitchen with an angry sort of cry, "Chechel pushed my Aggie!!!" (she has a Utah State shirt that does not have an aggie on it at all, but it is still called her aggie)
Then after dinner was ready that night we sat down to eat and Jaki started out saying the blessing for us all by herself. It went a little something like this: "Dear Heavenly Father................, please bless my nilk (milk)......................, please bless Chechel's nilk............... " Then she needed help for the rest of the blessing. It was so cute.
She loves to bockagye (rockabye) and hardly ever puts up any fight for naptime. Occasionally she doesn't want to, but she sometimes even tells me she is tired and is always happy to sit on my lap in the rocking chair and bockagye. Bedtime is another story, but naptime is always a pleasure.
I love my girls!

4 comments:

Jewel said...

Your daughters are just darling. I was just realizing that we never got any pictures of them and Jack together when we were over there--darn it! I'm so bad about taking pictures. Well, I guess that just gives us another excuse to visit/have you visit us relatively soon, right?
Anyways, it was SO much fun to get to see how grown-up your girls are getting. They're just so fun! Thanks for sharing your house with us!

Jennifer said...

I love the little things kids say! I am so glad for blogs so I can hear what other peoples kids are saying too! It always makes me smile!

Traci said...

Crazy how fast they grow up. Went to the Aggie homecoming parade saturday and thought of our good neighbors and huge Aggie fans! Your girls are cute!

larainydays said...

Toddler-speak has got to be the sweetest language in the world.