Sunday, August 8, 2010

Jeff "Had" to "Work" on a Saturday

Yesterday the girls and I went with Jeff to "work". We went to Glen Helen Raceway east of Los Angeles to watch the Trophy Trucks in the short course off-road races. His (King Shocks) shocks were on about half of the trucks participating and were on most of the winning trucks. Apart from getting vodka spilled on me by the girl behind, we had an awesome time. At least Vodka doesn't smell, right?

We made our way through the packed stands to some seats that were right in the middle of a racing company, Hart and Huntington. They were all really nice people and their trucks were doing pretty well, naturally meaning everyone involved in the company was drinking/drunk(luckily they're nice drunks). One of the dads was saying how cute our girls were and a few of the other people around him chimed in to agree. I was feeling quite proud (they are pretty dang cute after all) when the guys says "...looks like they get it from their dad." I wasn't sure whether they were just talking about the girls' hair or whether he was trying to say their cuteness did not in any way come from me.

Luckily, a wonderful lady in our ward (with great taste, might I add) told me Jaki is the spitting image of me.

8 comments:

Jewel said...

I get that ALL the time--"Jack is so cute!! He looks just like his daddy!!"

Sigh. It's humbling to have kids, huh? And, for what it's worth, Jaki IS the spitting image of you. So there. :)

Jennifer said...

Rach looks just like Jeff and Jaki looks just like you and they are both beautiful....not to say Jeff looks like a girl....although I have never seen him in a dress...so...who knows!

Todd & Nichole said...

Man that sounds like a rough day at the office! Sounds like you guys are having tons of fun. Can't wait to come and visit you!

DeWitts said...

you and your girls are so adorable.

Traci said...

Vegas? it's like those drunks don't ever see kids, when we went with ours they all wanted to touch them, yuck. Glad you survived the fun day. I know the feeling, my boys are so cute, just like there dad. HMMM, I'm cute too!!

larainydays said...

Wow, most kids would scream if they had to hang out at Daddy's work. What a cool job.

Darren, Felicia, Judd, & Jake said...

You do have pretty cute girls for sure...and they are hilarious! Glad you're liking CA!

Trav and Britt said...

people are so retarded sometimes! seriously, who says that!? one of the drunk people probably! ha ha! that's too funny! i was laughing SO hard when you wrote about rachel trying to feed sadie her boogers! that was so funny!