Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Keeping Me On My Toes

Rachel says some funny things. At work I'll tell some of them every once in a while (probably more often than my co-workers want to hear) and one time another nurse told me I should write them down. What better place to write them down? Now you get to hear them too!

The other day she was sitting on her little princess lunchbox and the lid of the lunchbox was out in front of her. She was looking at the princesses telling them what colors they were wearing, "Belle, you are wearing yellow, Cinderella, you are wearing blue, Sleeping Beauty, you are wearing pink." And then she took a close look at each of there faces and said in such a sweet little princessy voice, "Sleeping Beauty, could you please move your hair so I can see your earrings?"

In preschool they must've learned about communities today, because at the library thats all she could talk about. "Commudidy this, and commudidy that." When we got back out to the truck I asked her if she knew what a community was.
"Yes, a commudidy is a turtle."
Me: "No, a community is a group of people, like Logan is a community."
Rachel: "No a commudidy is a turtle. And a commudidy is a bear. And a commudidy is a rabbit"
Well, I thought it was funny anyway.

This morning she came in to sleep with me for a couple hours. When my alarm clock went off she kinda woke up, mumbled something about a turtle, and then tried to go back to sleep.
Me: "What were you talking about?"
Rachel: "Well, Swiper (from Dora) just came and tried to take all the bunnies."
This is the first time she's ever remembered about her dreams that I can think of. Before I would ask her what she dreamed about and ask if she dreamt about horses and she would just say, "Yeah, I dreamed about horses." But there was no prompting this time.

My favorite happened a couple weeks ago. I was carrying the trash out and was just about to the front door and Rachel was walking into the bathroom to go wash her hands when I hear, "What the h#$@ are you doing here?"
I stop in my tracks and ask, "What did you just say?"
"What the h#$@ are you doing here?" (with a little emphasis on the h#$@)
I set the trash down, turn around, and just before getting to the bathroom control my laugh/awe. Rachel, we don't say h#$@.
Rachel responds, "What the h#$@ are you doing here?"
"Rachel, don't say h#$@, say heck." (Yes I know, it is much better to replace real swear words with fake swear words.)
Rachel looks back into the mirror and says, "What the heck are you doing here?" And keeps repeating this as I walk out to put the trash outside. So far she hasn't ever said it again. Sadly enough I'm pretty sure its from watching Lost with me. I've been in quite a lost kick lately since we've turned off our satelite and I can watch Lost online. One day while I was trying to rock her to sleep for her nap I had Lost on and thought she was getting pretty sleepy when a scene comes on with Jack and Rachel says, "What's Jack going to do? Is he going to kill him?" Apparently I've got to rethink my choice of viewing material. (At least while Rachel's in the room.)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Funny. Josh is now getting in the stage where we have to watch what we say. He comes up with new phrases every day that I don't know where he ever even heard them.

Lindsay said...

hahaha I laughed at all of those! She is so cute!

Jewel said...

I was laughing so hard during this post!! She definitely keeps you on your toes!!