Wednesday, June 17, 2009

She's a First Timer

My little Jaklyn's got her first set of painted nails. Rachel was getting her fingernails painted and I decided to paint Jaki's too. Matt held her and I tried to hold her feet, but she is pretty good at moving. If you would've seen her feet + my hands yesterday you would've thought someone was performing surgery. After Jaki was finished Rachel's dear uncle Matt painted her toenails. What a good uncle! I added a splash on my fingernails just so I wouldn't feel left out.
Jeff made the comment that Grandma Flake would be so proud!
Jeff also made the comment yesterday that Jaki's got the classic Flake trait: when she smiles her eyes dissappear.
I guess I'd have to agree.

If you have to inherit some traits I'd say you can't do much better than the Flake traits!

PS
We are missing Rachel! She went with Nae and Matt yesterday to the cabin and spent the night/day. Poor Jaki doesn't know what to do with herself. Her bath last night was a little somber. She has never spent a night (besides her first at the hispital) without her big sister. I wish I would be here to see Jaki's face when Rachel comes home tonight but I have to be at work, dangit.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Mary totally looks like Jaki! Good thing she's cute!