The Jackster is asleep.
I have been so excited to go to bed at the same time and snuggle with Jeff. I've worked the last 2 nights and not gotten to go to bed with him and have been looking forward to it.
We went out to eat tonight (we were gonna get free 3-stacks at IHOP, but the line filled the waiting room and poured out the door so instead Jeanae met us at Costa Vida) and then he let me run into wallyworld with the Rach while he and Jaki napped in the car. Over $100 later (laundry detergent and formula are expensive) we carried the sleeping Jackster into the house and debated whether to wake her up and put her in the tub with her sister or just put her in her room. We took our chances-Rachel had her bath alone, (which I think she kinda liked: the water a little deeper and room to spin circles) got on her pj's and then we put Jaki in their room. We thought it'd take a little while to get Rachel to sleep, but amazingly enough. she was asking for bed 5 minutes later. We had prayers, tucked Rachel into bed and then were just climbing in ourselves when we heard Jaki telling us she needed a nightcap. The problem is, Jaki doesn't just take a bottle and go right to bed. She dozes while she eats, sits up to burp, and then flashes what would be her pearly whites if she had any yet. You want to be annoyed that she is so awake, but can't help but play with her when you see the gleam in her eyes. Jeff tried to stay awake doing homework, but had to turn in 1/2 hout ago. Jaki has finally settled down and I think is now totally zonked (she should be, shes got 8 ounces in that cute little belly of hers).
Wish me luck while I try to lay her down.
At least the bed will be warm for me.
10 months ago
2 comments:
It's always nice to have a good bed-warmer. :) Hope she went to sleep well for you!
Don't get too snugly in that bed or you end up with a #3 and no sleep for years!
...you know I'm kidding...
Post a Comment