For dinner tonight I made stir fry vegetables with chicken and rice. We dished Rachel her food onto her plate and Jeff was going to help her pour some soy sauce on the side. She was telling him "No, I want it in my cup!" She thought it was pop and would not stop asking for it. We kept telling her it was dip but she didn't believe us. So I told her to taste it. I put a couple drops into a cup and let her drink it. Needless to say, she wasn't a fan. I wish I had pictures of her face. She seemed fine with it for about five seconds, then I guess it got to her. She was making the funniest faces. We hurried and got her milk and she wouldn't touch anything that had soy sauce on it for the rest of dinner.
Also, a couple milestones happened today!
This afternoon Rachel got her second and biggest haircut. I cut about an inch off the bottom and maybe 1/2-1 inch off the top. To tell you the truth, I don't really know how much I cut because Rachel was so wiggly the whole time. Luckily her hair is curly so it hides any flaws. It is hard to tell that it was even cut now, except that it seems to be a lot more fluffy with all the curls. Maybe when I put spray on it there will be a difference. I decided it is a good thing I get to practice on Rachel's hair before I start with Jaki's hair because I'm guessing that Jaki will have straight hair and you will be able to tell mistakes a lot easier than with Rachel's curly locks.
The second milestone: Jaki rolled over! Earlier this afternoon Jaki was playing under her little dancing cow while I was rocking Rachel for her nap. Jaki looked like she was going to roll over, but just kept scooting and scooting. She had almost turned a full circle before she got sick of it and needed some battention. Then tonight Jeff was working on stuff for the HOA, I was on the computer and Rachel was sitting on my lap playing with her baby. Jaki was laying on the ground getting very close to rolling over. We were back and forth watching her and doing whatever else we were doing when Jeff said, "Hey, Jaki is on her belly!" She had rolled over and none of us even saw it. She seemed quite pleased with herself for a while, but soon got sick of being on her belly so we rolled her back over. She came really close a few more times after that tonight, but never flipped all the way. So she rolled and we didn't even see it!
10 months ago
2 comments:
Your girls are so cute, we just love them both and you guys so much! They both look so different from one another, but are both darling. You're a good mom, Kayla! I love seeing the pictures on your blog. It's always fun keeping up on the fun things you do! I was laughing at the Soy Sauce story. They can be pretty determined, can't they?
You are BRAVE to cut your kids hair!
Post a Comment