Sunday, December 21, 2008

Crazy Month!

What a crazy crazy month it has been! Rachel, Jaki and I just got back from spending about four weeks in Arizona, three of them without Jeff. Here is a little of what we have done:

The Saturday before we went to Arizona I ran in the town's Turkey Trot. It was actually 6 weeks to the day after having had Jaki. I decided to go for the 5K after only having gone running one time in the past year. Needless to say I didn't do so well among the other 24-year-olds, but I think I kicked trash among all the other 6-week postpartumers. I know this isn't the most flattering picture of me and I don't know how to rotate it on here so that it is facing the right direction, but here is the picture of me after the race.

Next on our crazy list of things this month-we sold our pickup! For the time being we are a one-car family. It was a little sad saying goodbye to our old friend.
The Saturday after Thanksgiving Jaklyn Larson was blessed.

We had a fun trip to the badlands with uncles and cousins. Rachel loved the dirtbikes.

The Sunday after Thanksgiving Jeff went back to Utah for finals and work. Since I didn't have to work, and since we knew we wouldn't be seeing much of Jeff during finals week anyway, the girls and I stayed in Arizona. We only planned on staying a couple weeks and Jeff was going to come pick us up, but after a week we decided it would be a lot cheaper to wait and go back with Jeff's family when they went up to Utah for Christmas. So we ended up being in Arizona for almost a month, went back to Utah for 3 days, and now we are back in Arizona for Christmas. You might think we are a crazy family for driving so much, but we love being with family and hate missing a party!

While the girls and I stayed in Arizona here are a few fun things we did:

We went to Jason and Erika's house in Joe City for Family Home Evening.


Erika had a cute little lesson, the kids played bowling, and then made sugar cookies. They loved playing together.

The girls had fun playing with their Flake cousins in Snowflake.
It snowed while we were in Snowflake so Rachel and I went out that morning to play before the snow melted. Kinda funny that we live in Logan with snow for four months of the year, but the first time we played in snow this year was in Snowflake!

Rachel had fun helping decorate the Christmas tree...
...until she got her finger stuck in an ornament. Luckily the ornament was plastic, not glass, and Travis got her finger out.

Rachel and Jaki got to sit on Santa's lap with Matt.
Jaki had fun holding her Larson uncles.

We had a lot of fun in Arizona, but were missing Jeff and home too much, so we had to go back for three days and then come back. One of the days we were back home in Utah Jaki had her 2-month appointment. She has almost doubled her birth weight at 14 pounds, 2 ounces. I can't remember her height, but she is in the 90th percentile for height and above the 95th percentile for weight. She has some mighty big cheeks.
We all had such a fun time and are having a very Merry Christmas! We'll have to post later to tell all about our Christmas fun.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You've been one busy momma!!! I still haven't gotten to hold Jaki! :{ I love her big cheeks! She's so CUTE!....and I think Rachel kindda likes me because she gave me a hug the other night....I am making progress! :)

Becky said...

Oh Kayla! Sheesh I am so Happy that you found me! I have been thinking about you and then poof here you are!I can not believe how beautiful your sweet girls are!! Jaki is about the cutest thing ever, and I have a cute little boy who will be tall so you know what that means!! He he he he !! Anyways lets keep in touch! Your the Best!
Becky

Todd & Nichole said...

Kayla- You are one crazy girl. But it sure sounds like you guys or should I say girls had tons of fun. I am impressed that you ran a 5k. You go girl. Happy New Year.

Jenn said...

Kayla! What is up girly! I am so glad you have a blog now and that I found you. =) How have you been?? Your little girls are so cute! I hope your Christmas was fabulas! Hit me back ok? Talk to you soon! Take care. Jenn