Friday, January 9, 2009

Funny stories from The Rach

We're back home in Logan again! Even though we love being back home and in somewhat of a schedule, we miss being with our family. We are so glad Jeanae is up here too so that we still have some family to play with.

So Rachel has been saying/doing some things lately that make me laugh out loud and I thought I'd share them. Monday I started doing my pilates (with the amazing circle) again and Rachel was sitting at the table eating lunch. I was following the instructor on the TV and Rachel was cheering me on saying "Pump the arms, momma, Pump the arms. I started laughing and could hardly keep doing the exercises and she told me "Momma squeeze the circle." Then she came and was trying to do the exercises with me and was hilarious to watch try to follow the people on the DVD. But then again I am probably just as funny to watch.

Rachel loves corn and will ask me for corn for lunch, dinner, snacktime, you name it. Yesterday she had asked for some and I got some for her and asked if she wanted some noodles (smack ramen). She said she didn't want any, but I told her I was going to make some for me and she could have some if she wanted. So she was sitting in her seat eating her corn and I gave her some noodles and she pushed her corn away and said "I don't want the corn, I want the noodles." I thought some of the corn would be good in my noodles so I poured some of her corn into my noodles and she yelled at me "Hey thats my corn!" I told her I'm just going to take a little bit. Later she was pointing to my bowl saying "I want my little bit back. Hey give me back my little bit!" Okay, so it might not be the funniest story ever, but I thought it sure was funny, especially at the time.

Last story for this post, I hear Rachel yelling at me from the top of the stairs "Momma come here right now. I said right now! Do you hear what I'm telling you? I said come here right now!"

We have to be quite careful what we say to this girl because we usually hear it right back a little while later.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the girls.
Rachel playing with Mindy's daughter Karalee in Snowflake a couple days after ChristmasRachel and Jaki posing on the rocking chair for some pictures in their matching outfits from Grandma Debbie.
Jaki is getting so good at smiling and I even got a little laugh out of her the other day. We had gotten sort of half laughs from her before, but this one was a surefire giggle.

5 comments:

Todd & Nichole said...

I love those stories. Kids say the darndest things. How cute are they in their matching outfits. I love them. So CUTE!! And good for you and doing pilates. How do you find the time, energy, and motivation?

Darren, Felicia, Judd, & Jake said...

Your girls are so adorbale Kayla! I can't believe how big Rachel is! Wow! They sure are cute. I loved your stories, how funny! I'm sure she keeps you entertained. Youre such a good mom! Take care and we'd love to see you!

Vicki said...

Woo, It sounds like Rachel is a little spitfire. Fun, fun! :)

Mandi Runs said...

Aww Kayla! Your girls are so cute! Hope all is well! We need to catch up sometime.

♥
Mandi Williams-Nilsen

Jennifer said...

Jaki is getting SO big!

Rachael is so cute! I love the things kids say...as long as it isn't, "Hey mom! That guys fat!" really loud...or something as embarrassing! :)