Thursday, December 17, 2009

Let It Snow!!!

Last weekend we finally had a free day to go get our Christmas tree! (I know, December was halfway over, but at least we got to have some fun snow to play in.) It was snowing quite a bit and there was a lot of snow on the roads, especially the canyon roads where we ventured off to find our tree, but our trusty 4WD pickup handled it with ease. I am proud to say that I cut the tree down and hauled it down the mountain (okay, hill) all by myself.

No, Jeff is not a wimp, making his wife cut down his Christmas tree. He was busy taking Jaki back to the pickup and saving her from frostbite after she took off her gloves and bare-handed the snow.
Rachel loved sledding behind the pickup!

As soon as we turned onto the canyon road she and Jeff sledded while I drove and then after we cut down our tree Jeff drove and she and I sledded.

She was fearless! We figured after Jaki seemed to be so miserable after getting her hands frozen she would have nothing to do with the snow, but she saw Rachel having so much fun and wanted out for more action.

So Jeff piled the girls on the sled with him and they had a blast! After Jaki was done we still could not get Rachel to get off the sled so she and Jeff stayed on and I drove as fast as was safely possible (note the word safely) to see if Rachel would get a little scared and want to get off, but she just loved it more and kept yelling, "Faster, faster!" We finally got her off after we got back to the highway and she was almost completely covered with snow!
The next day Rachel's friend and our neighbor, Tanner, came over and asked Rachel to go outside and play in the snow with him. They had a blast! Her Uncle Matt went out and played too and they all seemed to have a lot of fun.